Friday, July 25, 2008

No more peace and quiet

So it's been a month since I returned from Arkansas (and updated this blog) and I have accomplished...nothing.
The kids got back on Wednesday night, which means my opportunity to complete the tasks I had set up for myself has passed. I am now, once again, in the world of "mommy". And since they haven't seen me in 4 weeks, they feel they have a lot (and I do mean a lot) of talk-time to make up.
But, it's good to have them home. Boy did they grow while they were gone, and Cora is so tan! She has this beautiful olive skin-tone that would make anyone (and by anyone, I mean me) jealous. She also lost her 1st tooth while she was gone. I hate that I missed that, but she mailed me the tooth, so it would be ready for the tooth fairy when she returned. (Both JD and Cora lost teeth while in AR., and decided that the tooth fairy may not know where to find them, so they chose to wait until they got home to put their teeth under their pillows...Speaking on behalf of a very money-conscious tooth fairy, I think the fairy could have found them in AR...our at least the fairy's mom could have, lol)
I did get our newsletter completed. If you did not receive a copy via email and would like one, or would prefer to have a hard copy mailed to you, please let us know.
I've started job-hunting. I hate this. I don't want to work. Really, I have zero-desire to have a job, and yet I find my self on monster, putting in search criteria. Yuck. I am praying fervently that our house in Rogers will sell with in the next 3-4 weeks. My once dream house has become a thorn in my side. I refer to it as "that stupid house" more and more often.

Cora turned 6 on Wednesday. It's hard to believe my baby is 6 years old! JD will turn 7 next Saturday. Where does the time go? Just yesterday when we were in the car Cora said, "Mommy, I want to be older; not too old, just about your age" (I really appreciated the "not too old comment", by the way). I responded, "Sweetie, you'll be there before you know it." (Let me just blink another couple of times.)

So now comes the tedious task of getting them back into some semblance of normalcy. No telling how long this will take. We've spent the last 2 days spending their birthday money they received from family and friends back in AR. This has not helped my case. But, at least I know I won't be bored between now and when school starts back up.

No comments: